Translate

Friday 8 December 2017

Hostility between Sanskrit and Tamil, is there a need?


Image result for sanskrit and tamil

I don't think there need to be any hostility between Sanskrit and Tamil

and in fact there never was till recent times especially after the
Europeans isolated Sanskrit and identified it with European languages on
very meager evidences as already pointed out by Aurobindo and many others
scholars.


I was first very surprised to note that Sumerian was a strange  kind of
Tamil, something I can understand with some help from the translations. Then
I collected more than 30 scholarly books on Sumerian and made intensive
studies on all aspects and convinced myself that it is Archaic Tamil. 




It is only after this that I saw the language of Purusha, Suktam, Rig Veda

and so forth is in fact a later derivative of this Archaic Tamil and hence
Rigkrit, the earlier version from which Sanskrit came into being is another
branch of Sumero Tamil. Rigkrit is closer to Archaic Tamil than Sanskrit.


Now I am in the process of showing that the language of Bagavath Gita is
also Archaic Tamil.




I think in ancient days the Tamil scholars must have known this for there

was no antagonism between them and both languages were cultivated in the
Tamil soil. In fact if you count the number of Sanskrit texts produced in
Tamil Nadu it may outnumber all those produced outside.


Of course there was some rivalry but that was during the times of Buddhist and
Jains when Tamil was being uprooted. But the most flamboyant person who
brought back Tamil is Sambantar, a Vedic Brahmanah of Kaundiya gotra and who
called himself Tamil Virakan etc.


Now if Sanskrit is a branch of Archaic Tamil then so are the Prakrit
languages of India and hence most of the Indian languages.


I also feel that the division of Indian languages into IndoAryan and
Dravidian is untenable. This is something I am trying to show by showing the
grammar of Sanskrit is substantially the same as Tamil and that both are
essentially agglutinative languages. Actually this is not new -- the 17th
cent Pirayoka Vivekam written in Tamil by a Brahmanah scholar effectively
says it.


My progress is slow because of various demands being made on me. But in due
course I will attend to all these.


I have to put up with ridicule form both sides-- the Tamil loving "pure
Tamils" and Sanskrit loving Brahmanahs and others. But I believe I am in
truth and hence also believe "satyam eva jayate" i.e "uNmaiyee ulakaaLum"


There is already a paradigm shift with the study of Sumerian , an Archaic

Tamil, playing a central role in Indological studies. 


The future is promising.


ULLAGANAR
( 11-4-2003, AG )


( editing and re-paragraphing by his student )

No comments:

Post a Comment